Secure your business with CyberHoot Today!!!
A Network Management System (NMS) is an application or group of applications that allows network administrators to manage a network’s independent components inside a bigger network management framework, performing several key functions. NMSs identify, configure, monitor, update, and troubleshoot wired and wireless network devices in an organization’s network. A system management control application displays the performance data collected from each network component, allowing network administrators to make changes as needed.
Network engineers use a network management system to handle a variety of operations including:
- Monitoring network performance: by collecting operating metrics through a series of physical taps, software agents, or Simple Network Management Protocol interfaces, an NMS can provide the visibility necessary to determine if network elements are operating correctly and effectively
- Detect devices: an NMS is used to detect devices on the network and to ensure the devices are authorized, authenticated, and configured correctly
- Analyze performance: an NMS is often used to track key performance indicators, including bandwidth utilization, packet loss, latency, availability, and uptime of routers, switches, and other network components.
- Alert on Performance Issues: In the event of a system disruption, an NMS will proactively alert administrators about any performance issues.
What does this mean for an SMB or MSP?
Additional Cybersecurity Recommendations
- Govern employees with policies and procedures. You need a password policy, an acceptable use policy, an information handling policy, and a written information security program (WISP) at a minimum.
- Train employees on how to spot and avoid phishing attacks. Adopt a Learning Management system like CyberHoot to teach employees the skills they need to be more confident, productive, and secure.
- Test employees with Phishing attacks to practice. CyberHoot’s Phish testing allows businesses to test employees with believable phishing attacks and put those that fail into remedial phish training.
- Deploy critical cybersecurity technology including two-factor authentication on all critical accounts. Enable email SPAM filtering, validate backups, deploy DNS protection, antivirus, and anti-malware on all your endpoints.
- In the modern Work-from-Home era, make sure you’re managing personal devices connecting to your network by validating their security (patching, antivirus, DNS protections, etc) or prohibiting their use entirely.
- If you haven’t had a risk assessment by a 3rd party in the last 2 years, you should have one now. Establishing a risk management framework in your organization is critical to addressing your most egregious risks with your finite time and money.
- Buy Cyber-Insurance to protect you in a catastrophic failure situation. Cyber-Insurance is no different than Car, Fire, Flood, or Life insurance. It’s there when you need it most.
All of these recommendations are built into CyberHoot the product or CyberHoot’s vCISO Services. With CyberHoot you can govern, train, assess, and test your employees. Visit CyberHoot.com and sign up for our services today. At the very least continue to learn by enrolling in our monthly Cybersecurity newsletters to stay on top of current cybersecurity updates.
CyberHoot does have some other resources available for your use. Below are links to all of our resources, feel free to check them out whenever you like:
- Cybrary (Cyber Library)
- Press Releases
- Instructional Videos (HowTo) – very helpful for our SuperUsers!
Note: If you’d like to subscribe to our newsletter, visit any link above (besides infographics) and enter your email address on the right-hand side of the page, and click ‘Send Me Newsletters’.