Secure your business with CyberHoot Today!!!
A Blue Team ‘defends’ in a Red/Blue team exercise. Modeled after military training exercises, this activity is a face-off between two teams of highly trained cybersecurity professionals: a red team uses real-world hacker techniques in an attempt to compromise the target environment, and a blue team consisting of incident responders work to identify, assess, respond to, and contain any intrusions during these exercises.
Red team/blue team simulations play an important role in defending organizations from cyberattacks by today’s sophisticated adversaries. Red/Blue team exercises help organizations:
- Identify points of vulnerability as it relates to people, technologies, and systems.
- Determine areas of improvement in defensive incident response processes across every phase of the kill chain.
- Build an organization’s first-hand experience about how to detect, respond to, and contain a targeted attack.
- Develop response and remediation activities to return the environment to a normal operating state.
- Practice invoking your BCDR plan if needed in such an incident.
What does this mean for an SMB?
These recommendations will help you and your business stay secure with the various threats you may face on a day-to-day basis. All of the suggestions listed below can be gained by hiring CyberHoot’s vCISO Program development services.
- Govern employees with policies and procedures. You need a password policy, an acceptable use policy, an information handling policy, and a written information security program (WISP) at a minimum.
- Train employees on how to spot and avoid phishing attacks. Adopt a Learning Management system like CyberHoot to teach employees the skills they need to be more confident, productive, and secure.
- Test employees with Phishing attacks to practice. CyberHoot’s Phish testing allows businesses to test employees with believable phishing attacks and put those that fail into remedial phish training.
- Deploy critical cybersecurity technology including two-factor authentication on all critical accounts. Enable email SPAM filtering, validate backups, deploy DNS protection, antivirus, and anti-malware on all your endpoints.
- In the modern Work-from-Home era, make sure you’re managing personal devices connecting to your network by validating their security (patching, antivirus, DNS protections, etc) or prohibiting their use entirely.
- If you haven’t had a risk assessment by a 3rd party in the last 2 years, you should have one now. Establishing a risk management framework in your organization is critical to addressing your most egregious risks with your finite time and money.
- Buy Cyber-Insurance to protect you in a catastrophic failure situation. Cyber-Insurance is no different than Car, Fire, Flood, or Life insurance. It’s there when you need it most.
All of these recommendations are built into CyberHoot the product or CyberHoot’s vCISO Services. With CyberHoot you can govern, train, assess, and test your employees. Visit CyberHoot.com and sign up for our services today. At the very least continue to learn by enrolling in our monthly Cybersecurity newsletters to stay on top of current cybersecurity updates.
To learn the difference between the different 'Teams' watch this short 3-minute video:
CyberHoot does have some other resources available for your use. Below are links to all of our resources, feel free to check them out whenever you like:
- Cybrary (Cyber Library)
- Press Releases
- Instructional Videos (HowTo) – very helpful for our SuperUsers!
Note: If you’d like to subscribe to our newsletter, visit any link above (besides infographics) and enter your email address on the right-hand side of the page, and click ‘Send Me Newsletters’.