Secure your business with CyberHoot Today!!!
An Internet Service Provider (ISP) is a company that provides access to the Internet to both personal and business customers. ISPs make it possible for their customers to surf the web, shop online, make VOIP phone calls, conduct business, and connect with family and friends for a fee. ISPs may also provide other services including email services, domain registration, web hosting, and security packages. An ISP may also be referred to as an information service provider, a storage service provider, an INternet Service Provider (INSP), or any combination of these three based on the services the company offers.
Many of the largest ISPs are also large telecommunications companies that provide a wide array of services. For example, in addition to data and broadband Internet services, AT&T provides local and long-distance telephone services, managed networking, telecommunications equipment, and feature film, television, and gaming production and distribution.
Verizon Communications is another large ISP that has a diversified range of services. The conglomerate offers local and long-distance voice, as well as broadband video, data center and cloud services, and security and managed network services.
What does this mean for an SMB or MSP?
Additional Cybersecurity Recommendations
Additionally, these recommendations below will help you and your business stay secure with the various threats you may face on a day-to-day basis. All of the suggestions listed below can be gained by hiring CyberHoot’s vCISO Program development services.
- Govern employees with policies and procedures. You need a password policy, an acceptable use policy, an information handling policy, and a written information security program (WISP) at a minimum.
- Train employees on how to spot and avoid phishing attacks. Adopt a Learning Management system like CyberHoot to teach employees the skills they need to be more confident, productive, and secure.
- Test employees with Phishing attacks to practice. CyberHoot’s Phish testing allows businesses to test employees with believable phishing attacks and put those that fail into remedial phish training.
- Deploy critical cybersecurity technology including two-factor authentication on all critical accounts. Enable email SPAM filtering, validate backups, and deploy DNS protection, antivirus, and anti-malware on all your endpoints.
- In the modern Work-from-Home era, make sure you’re managing personal devices connecting to your network by validating their security (patching, antivirus, DNS protections, etc) or prohibiting their use entirely.
- If you haven’t had a risk assessment by a 3rd party in the last 2 years, you should have one now. Establishing a risk management framework in your organization is critical to addressing your most egregious risks with your finite time and money.
- Buy Cyber-Insurance to protect you in a catastrophic failure situation. Cyber-Insurance is no different than Car, Fire, Flood, or Life insurance. It’s there when you need it most.
All of these recommendations are built into CyberHoot the product or CyberHoot’s vCISO Services. With CyberHoot you can govern, train, assess, and test your employees. Visit CyberHoot.com and sign up for our services today. At the very least continue to learn by enrolling in our monthly Cybersecurity newsletters to stay on top of current cybersecurity updates.
To learn more about Internet Service Providers (ISPs), watch this short 3-minute video:
CyberHoot does have some other resources available for your use. Below are links to all of our resources, feel free to check them out whenever you like:
- Cybrary (Cyber Library)
- Press Releases
- Instructional Videos (HowTo) – very helpful for our SuperUsers!
Note: If you’d like to subscribe to our newsletter, visit any link above (besides infographics) and enter your email address on the right-hand side of the page, and click ‘Send Me Newsletters’.