Source: NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4
What does this mean for SMB’s?
To an SMB owner, the term APT and the definition can seem like mumbo-jumbo. Allow CyberHoot to simplify what this term means to an SMB owner.
- Nation States are the operators of Advanced Persistent Threats.
- Nation States are interested in stealing your Intellectual Property.
- If you have a great deal of valuable Intellectual Property, you’re likely to be targeted by Nation States and their APT malware.
I have Valuable Intellectual Property – What should I do?
- Start with with Employee Education, two-factor authentication on ALL critical software solutions used online (including O365 or GSuite), and invest in a Password Manager.
- Once you have the above solutions in place you can work your way up the NIST cybersecurity maturity scale with more advanced protections.